Our hands carry most of the infection and that leads to various diseases. Thus maintaining good hygiene is of utmost importance. We cannot wash our hands all the time but at least keep them sanitised. And this blog post is about PureHands Hand Sanitiser from Himalaya wellness that I received a few weeks ago. Himalaya Wellness is a well known brand with a mission to make herbal wellness a part of every home.
The Himalaya brand is synonymous with safe and efficacious herbal products. Their herbal products are a part of each household these days. Their products are well researched and tested. The brand believes in integrity, accountability, fairness, transparency and innovation.
PureHands Hand Sanitizer
Himalaya’s PureHands hand sanitizer is an effective, alcohol-based hand sanitizer, which kills 99.9% of germs, prevents infection, and ensures total hand hygiene.
It contains extracts of herbs like Coriander( contains antimicrobial properties) and Lime( natural bactericidal) . The active ingredients of Neem, which are antibacterial, fungicidal and antiviral, keep viruses, bacteria and fungi at bay.
Key Ingredients :
• Hrivera , strong aromatic herb, which has antibacterial, deodorising and cooling properties. It also softens hands.
• Coriandrol, derived from the oil of a herb called Coriander. The fruits of the herb possess antimicrobial and astringent properties.
• Lime , a rich source of vitamin C which protects the skin from oxidative damage and helps prevent itching. The oil of lemon warms the skin when applied externally. The juice also has bactericidal and astringent properties.
• Ushira, an astringent and antibacterial herb. When applied externally, it removes excess heat from the body and provides a cooling effect.
• Neem extracts possess antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. The tree stem, root and bark have astringent, tonic and antiperiodic properties. Neem is used to treat skin diseases.
Cleansing hands for general maintenance of hygiene
Directions for use
Take 0.5 ml of the gel on the palm. Rub well over the palms, back of hands, fingernails and grooves briskly until dry.
- Inflammable. Should be kept away from fire. Not to be used sensitive areas of the skin and raw skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes and if the contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Children should use under the supervision of adults.
What the brand claims
1) Effective against bacteria and fungi
2) Self drying gel
3) No soap or water required after use
4) Recommended and used by doctors
Rs 60 (50ml) , Rs 80 (100ml) and Rs 175 (100 ml).
Where to buy
Available online and offline at various stores.
What I liked :
1) Only 2-3 drops of the product are required each time.
2) Self dries instantly.
3) Does not make the hands dry after it fades off.
4) Leaves a lovely fragrance (most of them).
5) The packaging is travel friendly. The bottle is sturdy and leak free.
6) The price is affordable.
7) The product is easily accessible.
What I did not like :
It contains alcohol.
I personally love using the PureHands hand sanitizer. My favourite fragrances are orange and green apple. You need to use these yourself to experience the best. It is affordable and effective protection on the go.
How do you ensure hygiene when water is not available to wash hands?
You may also like